Monday, August 25, 2008

WSDD


WSDD?

What should Dave do, if he knew. Or maybe he does.

I was doing a web search on financial talk host Dave Ramsey tonight and found a special offer from Joseph Farah's World Net Daily web site.

Let me first state, I'm not a huge fan of Farah.

We've got that out of the way.

But the offer said I could save $20.00 on Dave Ramsey's plan for Financial Fitness. $20.00 bucks off Dave's book. Sounded like a pretty good deal. Even better than the deal I got in an email from Dave the other day where I would get $14.95 off the same book from Dave's web book site.

Hey, maybe Farah bought em by the truckload. Volume discount. Critical mass pays off. A deal is a deal, eh?

Now I already have in my possession 4 or 5 copies of the book. I've picked up a few here and there and as payment for volunteering at various Dave Ramsey events through the years. As I meet someone who I believe will put a book to good use, I give them away.

So a few additional at $4.95 ea might be a good deal and I can restock the shelves. Dave's not coming my way for a live event this season, so I need the get the best deal I can get.

So I click the link.

It took me to a web page extolling the virtues of Dave and his book. A proven plan for financial fitness. People need one in this time of "skyrocketing levels of personal debt, foreclosures and bankruptcies." A book "filled with hope and how to."

I've already been sold on Dave's plan. I live it every day. I teach it. I talk about it. But the article on how to obtain the book is very convincing.

But the key to getting the book follows: For this very special $4.95 offer, you will receive "Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness" as well as three free issues of Whistleblower magazine. Also included with your free issues will be a renewal notice for a one-year Whistleblower subscription. If you wish to renew, do nothing, and your credit card which has been pre-authorized for $49.95 will be debited for the annual renewal rate of $49.95 .

Did I see the word "credit card" and "The Total Money Makeover" in the same sentence? The same Dave Ramsey who makes a living, according to his oldest daughter as she recounted in an elementary school exercise that her daddy makes a living, cutting up credit cards!

With shears about a foot long. While flipping them like the Riffleman used to flip a riffle!

I have no idea whether Dave Ramsey and Joe Farah share a close friendship, business or otherwise. I do know Dave's column appears on Farah's World Net Daily site. Some how, some way there is a connection. But whether deep or shallow, I cannot tell.

So does Dave know? And if he doesn't, what would he do if he knew?

To see the web page in question click here to go there

No comments: